Categories of hosting services
A hosting solution means hoarding and/or sharing specific content on a web hosting server handled by a web hosting provider. There are various categories of hosting services used for different ends, so let's have a look at them. In this way, you can elect what you want, based on whether you wish to create a blog, email aliases, or to share files with pals and partners.
- File hosting: a solution provided by some providers, which lets you share big files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archives, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single designation is to share files, since it does not support website uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore an index of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file hosting packages frequently involve ads next to the download links, while a timer obliges you to wait for a specific interval of time to see them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you purchase a paid file hosting account, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no limitation as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
At the moment, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting merchants, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is an entirely imprecise explanation of the literal definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would assign the load between separate bunches of hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending various web space hosting services (email, web space, statistics, DNS, databases, web hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is simply a brand of a storage space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; certain companies offer a hosting solution for images solely. This hosting variant is good if you desire to share a large amount of images with chums or partners since the service is typically free of charge. You will obtain a randomly generated link for every image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service committed to taking care of your e-mailbox accounts. Some suppliers offer web site hosting solutions for sites, but do not supply an email service. If you would like to own a mail address with your domain name but do not wish to run a site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you need. You can set up electronic mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a given video clip, or you can embed the video clip in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of utilizing this approach instead of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video file creates a given amount of central processing unit load, so with a few video clips and several hundred site visitors, you may have a hard time with your web site hosting quotas. Embedding the video file will enable you to run as many video files as you would like without hassling about system resources.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you require if you desire to run a website. To a certain degree, it encompasses all of the abovementioned hosting forms since, along with your web pages, you can also host pictures and files, you can create databases and mail aliases, upload video files, etc. At ceccarelli Hosting, for example, you can take a gaze at web hosting and dedicated server hosting packages that allow you to have all of the abovementioned services in a single place. There may be limits based on the form of hosting service that you've selected - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your hosting package may be better or worse compared with the ordinary e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are designed for particular content exclusively.